I created Bobbe because I could not find women's tennis apparel that I truly loved to wear. I wanted something that was comfortable for my body, stylish, in colors I wanted to wear, on trend yet still classic, and I really wanted to feel sexy and classy at the same time. Don't we all? I wanted to create active wear you could mix and match and build a wardrobe with, you could use the pieces from season to season. Every woman wants to feel good in her own skin. That's how Bobbe was born. I am on a journey, using the passion I have for fashion and tennis to create a line of active wear that women can truly embrace as their own. Your input on what works for you is what sets Bobbe apart. I listen to you, my customers, what works for you. I then design apparel my customers and I have always wanted but have not been able to get until now. Together we can grow and live the lives we all want to live. That is the essence of Bobbe. — Erica Anderson, Founder
BOBBE . . . Dedicated to my beautiful mother
I named my company after the woman who inspired me the most in my life, my mother, Roberta. Lovingly nicknamed Bobbe, my mother was a beautiful Italian who loved to cook and raised me and my three sisters to be strong, independent and self-confident women. Bobbe had a fabulous sense of humor and deep sense of family. If it weren't for my mother, I would never have started playing tennis. She was a true inspiration, passing before her time after bravely battling ovarian cancer. She continues to live on and has made me the woman I am today. This is for you, Mom.
Bobbe is the designer tennis wear that we all have been waiting for. I created and designed activewear that I love to wear, that makes me feel like a woman and fits in my active life as a wife, mother and tennis lover. Bobbe designs are unlike anything you have seen or felt:
- Our exclusive luxurious, UPF 50 Whisper Jersey is one of the lightest activewear fabrics you can find today. You can wear it all day. It can be the first thing you put on and the last thing you take off, from the tennis courts to date night and it never loses it shape even after washing. Bobbe designs are staples in my own wardrobe.
- I personally oversee every detail of Bobbe designs. First and foremost, I talk to my customers on what they want and are not getting with other activewear. I find design inspiration everywhere, I try to accentuate the positive when designing, I love classics but with a touch of trend. I want my customer to build and active wear wardrobe like she does her ready to wear, with the colors she loves. I create the designs in my home; select the best fabric, colors and production support available; and keep my pricing competitive while ensuring the quality is at its highest level every step of the way. Bobbe is full-on designer at prices that I made sure were also affordable for my customers.
- When I first discovered our fabric, I was struck by its incredible softness and lightweight feeling, then I was blown away with all its amazing body and skin-protecting properties. The patented Italian stretch jersey gives you UPF 50+ protection that blocks almost 98% of the sun's damaging rays. It wicks aways moisture from your body, keeping you cool with every activity. It also quick dries like a dream, twice as fast as standard activewear. What I also love about our fabric is that it is eco-friendly with a sustainable production cycle and the company that produces it supports rainforest conservation so your Bobbe purchase helps the environment, too!
- One of the reasons I started this line was because the activewear that was out there was cut too small and always had the same colors, many that were not very flattering to women. I cut to celebrate the curves of a woman, form-fitting but incredibly comfortable. I choose colors that are classic, elegant and fun at the same time. The look and feel of glamor are in all Bobbe designs and many of my customers say they never felt so beautiful as they do in Bobbe.
- All Bobbe designs are exclusive, made only for my customers and proudly made locally in Los Angeles, USA.